At Perkins Restaurant & Bakery our employees are part of the Perkins extended family and the families we serve. And you'll be responsible for making special days memorable and everyday meals something extraordinary. At Perkins where we've experienced years of success through ensuring 100% guest satisfaction on every visit. If you want to work and grow with a company who has a proven track record of success, has an unmatched commitment to their employees and employees the best in the industry, you are in the right place! We respect one another for our talent, creativity and individual differences. We bring our greatest individual strengths to achieve success as a team. If career growth is what you are looking for- we got that too!
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Provides friendly and efficient service in a timely manner to guests according to company policies, procedures, programs and performance standards. Shows quests genuine hospitality while providing them with a memorable experience. Look like a professional and show sincerity with a positive, friendly attitude. Performs all duties to maximize guest satisfaction and quality of work environment as directed by Manager on Duty.
POSITION ACTIVITIES AND TASKS
- Guest Interactions
- Reports to work well-groomed, in clean and proper uniform and at all times practices good personal hygiene.
- Greets guest in a courteous and respectable way when seated at station.
- Welcomes guests immediate upon seating with a non-scripted greeting
- Using acquired menu knowledge, offers menu suggestions, answers questions and anticipates guests’ needs.
- Deliver Hot Food – Check completed food orders for accuracy, appearance and temperature, deliver to the table immediately.
- Deliver Perkins Service – Show a desire to please with your genuine hospitality, personality and specific suggestions at every step. Actively engage Guests who have concerns and remedy them. Ensure that each Guest is 100% satisfied with his/her dining experience.
- Clean – Keep tables/station, pantry line area and dining room common areas clean. Complete assigned Perkins cleaning system duties.
- Attends to any additional guests’ needs or requests
- Maintains dining area – pre-bussing, detailing etc.
- Maintains cleanliness of his/her stations and pantry.
- Performs side work during shift downtime including but not limited to; rolling silverware, restocking cleaning works stations and bussing tables, etc.
- Executes the service cycle and team responsibilities at all times. Ensures 100% guest satisfaction on every visit.
- Communicates with Manager on Duty and coworkers regarding product/service deficiencies. equipment, safety problems. Etc.
- Keeps General Manager and Manager on Duty informed of problems and/or issues and proposes alternative solutions for consideration.
- Processes Orders
- Writes guest check and/or operates POS equipment pursuant to company policies.
- Anticipates, identifies and corrects system breakdowns to achieve maximum guest satisfaction.
- Assists Team Members
- Maintains service stations, garnish line, service bar and common areas of the restaurant
- Restocks service station with glasses, tea, ice and plates
- Restocks garnish line
- Fills condiments
- Sorts, polishes and rolls silverware
- Cleans mirrors and artifacts
- Runs food for all servers to ensure hot food is served hot
- Maintains cleanliness of dining room, and pantry area.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ENVIRONMENT/WORKING CONDITIONS
- Extensive standing and walking for up to 8 hours
- Must be able to see at a distance (20) feet, at close range (12 inches), distinguish between shapes and utilize peripheral vision to avoid hazards.
- Must be able to communicate clearly
- Exposure to heat, steam, smoke, cold
- Reaching heights of approximately 6 feet and depts. of 2 ½ - 3 feet.
- Must have high level of mobility/flexibility in space provided
- Must have time management skills
- Must be able to read, write and perform addition/subtraction calculations
- Must be able to control and utilize fingers to write, slice chop and operate equipment.
- Must be able to fit through openings 30” wide
- Must be able to work irregular hours under heavy pressure/stress during busy times
- Bending, reaching, walking
- Carrying trays of food products weighing about 50 pounds for distances up to 30 feet
- Lifting up to 50 pounds
- Exposure to dish and cleaning chemicals
Receives direction and training from Manager on duty as to the specific procedures and assignments.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIRED:
Basic skills such as sanitation, safety, and customer service can be taught through in house training.
This position description in not intended, and should not be construed to be, an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with job. It is intended, however, to be an accurate reflection of those principle job elements essential for making decisions related to job performance, employee development and compensation. As such, the incumbent may perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
Founded in 1958, Perkins® operates 290 restaurants in 32 states and two Canadian provinces. The Perkins system includes 85 company-owned and operated restaurants and 205 franchised units. With its diverse, moderately priced menu featuring breakfast, lunch, dinner, and bakery offerings, and its attractive and recently remodeled restaurants designed to facilitate efficiency and guest satisfaction, Perkins Restaurant & Bakery is a dining favorite with a solid and respected reputation in the marketplace.
The longevity and success of Perkins Restaurant & Bakery is largely attributed to the concept’s ability to adapt to shifts in consumer dining trends and evolving taste preferences while delivering that homestyle goodness that guests crave. At Perkins, we’re always updating our menu with fresh, flavorful and innovative items that take their place right alongside Perkins’ iconic guest favorites, some of which have been on our menu for more than 30 years. We also take great pride in differentiating ourselves with the service and experience we provide. This has and continues to be a hallmark of our brand.
BE A PART OF OUR SUCCESS
Perkins has experienced years of success through ensuring 100% guest satisfaction on every visit. If you want to work and grow with a company who has a proven track record of success, has an unmatched commitment to their employees and employees the best in the industry, you are in the right place!
This franchise is independently owned and operated by a franchisee. Your application will go directly to the franchisee, and all hiring decisions will be made by the management of this franchisee. All inquiries about employment at this franchisee should be made directly to the franchise location, and not to Perkins Corporate.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)