Benefits & Perks:
- Educational Assistance with DeVry University with complimentary laptop**
- Immediate Family Members are also eligible
- Competitive Pay with Service Award Incentive
- Get paid daily through Daily Pay!
- Comprehensive Health Benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, and more!***
- 401(k) retirement savings with company match
- Flexible Schedule
- All you can eat pancakes + meal discounts!
- Employee Discount Program
- Development Pathway: Step by step process to grow your career
- 3 College Credits hours for completing manager training****
- Reports to work well-groomed, in clean and proper uniform and practices good personal hygiene.
- Makes and prepares all food items that are baked in oven including but not limited to pies, muffins, cookies, quiche, meatloaf and ribs.
- Adjusts controls to regulate temperature of ovens.
- Monitors and oversees food temperatures during hot and cold handling to reduce the incidence of risk factors known to cause food borne illness.
- Measures ingredients for bakery goods using measuring cups and spoons and mixes by hand or with electric mixer. Cuts dough into uniform portions with knife or divider. Molds dough into loaves or desired shapes. Places shaped dough onto greased sheets or in floured pans.
- Prepares meats or baked foods according to recipe, using variety of kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Observes and tests foods being cooked by tasting, smelling, and piercing for stage of doneness.
- Serves high quality food and ensures items are complete, prepared as required and attractive in appearance.
- During peak business will be required to work on steam kettles and the grill line.
- Maintains cleanliness of kitchen stations and work areas and must be able to manage time effectively.
- Basic skills such as sanitation, safety, and customer service taught through in-house training
- Must be able to communicate clearly
- Must have high level of mobility/flexibility
- Must be able to work irregular hours under heavy stress/pressure during peak times
- Must possess high level of coordination
- Must lift and carry up to 50 pounds for distances up to 30 feet
- Requires frequent reaching, bending, pushing and pulling
- Exposure to heat, steam, smoke, cold and odors
- Requires continual standing and walking
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Founded in 1958, Perkins® operates 277 restaurants in 32 states and two Canadian provinces. The Perkins system includes 81 company-owned and operated restaurants and 196 franchised units. With its diverse, moderately priced menu featuring breakfast, lunch, dinner, and bakery offerings, and its attractive and recently remodeled restaurants designed to facilitate efficiency and guest satisfaction, Perkins Restaurant & Bakery is a dining favorite with a solid and respected reputation in the marketplace.
The longevity and success of Perkins Restaurant & Bakery is largely attributed to the concept’s ability to adapt to shifts in consumer dining trends and evolving taste preferences while delivering that homestyle goodness that guests crave. At Perkins, we’re always updating our menu with fresh, flavorful and innovative items that take their place right alongside Perkins’ iconic guest favorites, some of which have been on our menu for more than 30 years. We also take great pride in differentiating ourselves with the service and experience we provide. This has and continues to be a hallmark of our brand.
BE A PART OF OUR SUCCESS
Perkins has experienced years of success through ensuring 100% guest satisfaction on every visit. If you want to work and grow with a company who has a proven track record of success, has an unmatched commitment to their employees and employees the best in the industry, you are in the right place!
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)