Benefits & Perks:
- Educational Assistance with DeVry University with complimentary laptop**
- Immediate Family Members are also eligible
- Competitive Pay with Service Award Incentive
- Get paid daily through Daily Pay!
- Comprehensive Health Benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, and more!***
- 401(k) retirement savings with company match
- Flexible Schedule
- All you can eat pancakes + meal discounts!
- Employee Discount Program
- Development Pathway: Step by step process to grow your career
- 3 College Credits hours for completing manager training****
- Reports to work well groomed, in proper and clean uniform and practices good personal hygiene.
- Uses greeting, seating, and waiting list procedures.
- Accountable for proper handling of cash, credit card information, gift cards and all things related to the payment of guest checks.
- Maintains cleanliness standards and stocks for the reception area and restrooms.
- Accurately processes all guest checks with no cash overages or shortages.
- Anticipates, identifies and corrects system breakdowns to achieve maximum guest satisfaction.
- Provides assistance to pantry maintenance and pre-rush organization.
- Provides assistance to all servers and bus persons in order to execute Perkins service standards.
- Utilizes proper cash handling procedures to execute cash and non-cash transactions, counting change, security precautions, and cash accountability.
- Ensures that the cash register and cash register area are stocked with all needed items.
- Communicates with Manager on Duty and co-workers regarding product/service deficiencies, equipment, safety problems, etc.
- Monitors and oversees food temperatures during hot and cold handling to reduce the incidence of risk factors known to cause food borne illness.
- Has sufficient knowledge of menu to execute suggestive selling techniques with all guests.
- Maintains cleanliness of bakery cases and restocks.
- Has sufficient knowledge of bakery products to execute suggestive selling techniques and sampling programs with all guests.
- Bags/boxes any products according to standards.
- Basic skills such as sanitation, safety, and customer service taught through in-house training
- Trustworthy; can be relied upon to deal with payment of guest checks and operate cash register
- Must be able to communicate clearly
- Must have high level of mobility/flexibility
- Must be able to work irregular hours under heavy stress/pressure during peak times
- Must possess a high level of coordination
- Must lift and carry serving trays weight up to 20 pounds for distances up to 30 feet
- Must be able to fit through an opening 30” wide
- Requires frequent reaching, bending, pushing and pulling
- Exposure to heat, steam, smoke, cold and odors
- Requires continual standing and walking
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Founded in 1958, Perkins® operates 277 restaurants in 32 states and two Canadian provinces. The Perkins system includes 81 company-owned and operated restaurants and 196 franchised units. With its diverse, moderately priced menu featuring breakfast, lunch, dinner, and bakery offerings, and its attractive and recently remodeled restaurants designed to facilitate efficiency and guest satisfaction, Perkins Restaurant & Bakery is a dining favorite with a solid and respected reputation in the marketplace.
The longevity and success of Perkins Restaurant & Bakery is largely attributed to the concept’s ability to adapt to shifts in consumer dining trends and evolving taste preferences while delivering that homestyle goodness that guests crave. At Perkins, we’re always updating our menu with fresh, flavorful and innovative items that take their place right alongside Perkins’ iconic guest favorites, some of which have been on our menu for more than 30 years. We also take great pride in differentiating ourselves with the service and experience we provide. This has and continues to be a hallmark of our brand.
BE A PART OF OUR SUCCESS
Perkins has experienced years of success through ensuring 100% guest satisfaction on every visit. If you want to work and grow with a company who has a proven track record of success, has an unmatched commitment to their employees and employees the best in the industry, you are in the right place!
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)