Stop in any time to apply at:
5925 Gordon Dr. - Sioux City
Benefits of working for us include:
1. Supportive ownership that believes in family
2. Closed on Christmas Day
3. Yearly anniversary checks for continued employment*
4. Free Employee Meals and family discounts*
5. Competitive wages for your experience
6. Paychecks delivered weekly
7. Flexible hours & schedules
8. Structured training program for all positions
9. Referral bonus for great employees who recruit other great employees
10. Career path that rewards you financially for your advancement within the company*Ask manager for details
SUMMARY OF POSITION
POSITION ACTIVITIES AND TASKS
- Prepares Cooking Items
- Reports to work well-groomed, in clean and proper uniform and at all times practices good person hygiene.
- Uses, maintains and cleans all kitchen equipment, plus preparation and storage areas.
- Stocks and rotates products on line to ensure they are within shelf life standards.
- Has sufficient knowledge of recipes, menu items and prep procedures to ensure correct portioning, quality, cooking time and performance standards.
- Prepares prep items according to guest request within company standards and following food safety and sanitation procedures.
- Controls Food Cost
- Ensures products are accurately portioned and ensures food products are prepared as specified by recipes.
- Utilizes FIFO (first in first out) standards when preparing items.
- Maintains Cleanliness
- Maintains cleanliness of the kitchen, prep areas, coolers and storage areas
- Follows proper safety procedures and policies concerning food handling, rotation and storage
- Conducts line sweeps throughout the shift
- “Clean as you go” throughout the shift
- Understands OSHA requirements and health department standards
- Cleans all equipment on line and other areas as directed by the Kitchen manager or Manager on duty.
- Anticipates, identifies and corrects system breakdowns to achieve maximum guest satisfaction.
- Communicates with Manager on Duty and coworkers regarding product/service deficiencies, equipment, safety problems. Etc.
- Keeps General Manager and Manager on Duty informed of problems and/or issues and proposes alternative solutions for consideration.
- Assists Team Members
- Preps items according to recipes and procedures
- Assists dishwasher with washing and restocking dishes, pots, pans and utensils
- Assist front of house staff with cleanliness of dining room
- Provides guest service by communicating and cooperating with the front of house staff.
Founded in 1958, Perkins® operates 290 restaurants in 32 states and two Canadian provinces. The Perkins system includes 85 company-owned and operated restaurants and 205 franchised units. With its diverse, moderately priced menu featuring breakfast, lunch, dinner, and bakery offerings, and its attractive and recently remodeled restaurants designed to facilitate efficiency and guest satisfaction, Perkins Restaurant & Bakery is a dining favorite with a solid and respected reputation in the marketplace.
The longevity and success of Perkins Restaurant & Bakery is largely attributed to the concept’s ability to adapt to shifts in consumer dining trends and evolving taste preferences while delivering that homestyle goodness that guests crave. At Perkins, we’re always updating our menu with fresh, flavorful and innovative items that take their place right alongside Perkins’ iconic guest favorites, some of which have been on our menu for more than 30 years. We also take great pride in differentiating ourselves with the service and experience we provide. This has and continues to be a hallmark of our brand.
BE A PART OF OUR SUCCESS
Perkins has experienced years of success through ensuring 100% guest satisfaction on every visit. If you want to work and grow with a company who has a proven track record of success, has an unmatched commitment to their employees and employees the best in the industry, you are in the right place!
This franchise is independently owned and operated by a franchisee. Your application will go directly to the franchisee, and all hiring decisions will be made by the management of this franchisee. All inquiries about employment at this franchisee should be made directly to the franchise location, and not to Perkins Corporate.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)