- Reports: Directly to General Manager
- Internal: Extensive contacts with all levels of store personnel as well as all home office departments.
- External: Extensive contacts include guests, distributors, repair technicians, salespersons, and community organizations and schools
- Demonstrates principles actions, uses sound judgment and follow through on commitments.
- Anticipates problems and issues and makes timely and sound decisions.
- Demonstrates a passion and working knowledge of food, liquor, beer and wine.
- Leads by example and maintains a guest first focus.
- Sets and shares goals with team, monitors and tracks progress of goals.
- Directly and honestly addresses issues and resolves conflicts and seeks opportunities for improvement.
- Clarifies roles, responsibilities, priorities and expectations.
- Assists the General Manager in planning and analyzing administration and operations manpower.
- Ensures that all menu items are prepared, portioned, and presented properly in a clean safe, and sanitary manner, according to all established procedures, performance standards, and local health department regulations.
- Required, under certain circumstances, to perform/assist all functions for all positions in the restaurant.
- Ensures the unit's compliance to productivity and service standards with a sufficient number of well-trained and productive employees.
- Ensures proper management of the facility and equipment through preventive
- Maintenance, energy conservation, repairs, security measures, and adherence to safety and sanitation requirements.
- Ensures that inventory levels for both food and non-food items are properly maintained in accordance with company guidelines through correct ordering procedures and efficient usage and yield application.
- Conducts employment activities to include staffing (hire/term responsibilities), training, and conducting performance reviews with all dining room personnel, as well as recommending salary increases and issuing employee work histories.
- Ensures accurate financial data to include: payroll, cash and receipts, productivity, food costs, and operating expenses. Responsible for all communications with regard to system breakdowns and deficiencies.
- Attends unit management meetings, makes presentations as requested. Responsible for meeting established objectives during periods of his/her or Key Hourly’s supervision.
- Anticipates, identifies and corrects system breakdowns to achieve maximum guest satisfaction.
- Ensures the thorough training and development of non-exempt personnel directly supervised.
- Extensive standing and walking for up to 8 hours
- Must be able to see at a distance (20) feet, at close range (12 inches), distinguish between shapes and utilize peripheral vision to avoid hazards.
- Must be able to communicate clearly
- Exposure to heat, steam, smoke, cold
- Reaching heights of approximately 6 feet and depts. of 2 ½ - 3 feet.
- Must have high level of mobility/flexibility in space provided
- Must have time management skills
- Must be able to read, write and perform addition/subtraction calculations
- Must be able to control and utilize fingers to write, slice chop and operate equipment.
- Must be able to fit through openings 30” wide
- Must be able to work irregular hours under heavy pressure/stress during busy times
- Bending, reaching, walking
- Carrying trays of food products weighing about 50 pounds for distances up to 30 feet
- Lifting up to 50 pounds
- Exposure to dish and cleaning chemicals
Founded in 1958, Perkins® operates 290 restaurants in 32 states and two Canadian provinces. The Perkins system includes 85 company-owned and operated restaurants and 205 franchised units. With its diverse, moderately priced menu featuring breakfast, lunch, dinner, and bakery offerings, and its attractive and recently remodeled restaurants designed to facilitate efficiency and guest satisfaction, Perkins Restaurant & Bakery is a dining favorite with a solid and respected reputation in the marketplace.
The longevity and success of Perkins Restaurant & Bakery is largely attributed to the concept’s ability to adapt to shifts in consumer dining trends and evolving taste preferences while delivering that homestyle goodness that guests crave. At Perkins, we’re always updating our menu with fresh, flavorful and innovative items that take their place right alongside Perkins’ iconic guest favorites, some of which have been on our menu for more than 30 years. We also take great pride in differentiating ourselves with the service and experience we provide. This has and continues to be a hallmark of our brand.
BE A PART OF OUR SUCCESS
Perkins has experienced years of success through ensuring 100% guest satisfaction on every visit. If you want to work and grow with a company who has a proven track record of success, has an unmatched commitment to their employees and employees the best in the industry, you are in the right place!
This franchise is independently owned and operated by a franchisee. Your application will go directly to the franchisee, and all hiring decisions will be made by the management of this franchisee. All inquiries about employment at this franchisee should be made directly to the franchise location, and not to Perkins Corporate.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)